Friday, April 20, 2012

Pre-race day....a day in pictures

So tomorrow is the Carmel half marathon race for me and Sarah! or is that Sarah and I?  who knows...
well, the weather is looking a bit peculiar...still not sure what I'm gonna wear but I think its gonna be shorts, compression sleeves and a long-sleeve dri fit top...and throw away gloves to keep the chill away early on.

I also decided that I needed a great lunch and a pre-race reward of some new running gear...so here is my day in pictures...oh and I think I'm randomly throwing in some pics of last weekends first sprint tri of the season (Carmel Sprint Tri)...new PR for me...it was an indoor pool swim, 10 mile bike and 3 mile run...short and sweet...I finished in 1:04 which I was pretty happy with..but still need to improve my swim speed and get my mile splits in the high 6's...a girl can dream!!!  I also rode my new Tri bike...for like the 2nd time...wouldn't you know that the winds were crazy that day and my aero wheels tought me a whole new form of balance!  I think I almost blew over 10xs!! but it felt fast....


Pre-race Sprint Tri Checklist....check it once, check it twice, check it a hundred times....
I'm so paranoid about forgetting something that is vital..or even not so vital...I swear road races are much less stressful to prepare for....



Today's delish lunch of salmon and spicy tuna rolls (mistake roll...YUMMY)



and last but not least, 3 new pairs of UA running shorts and 1 new half zip Nike running top..
UA has these new running shorts...thin mesh and stretchy, soft comfy waistband...I may have just found my new favorite piece of running gear!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment