Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back at it!

Well I still haven't downloaded my pics from the race....soon though...I must find time.  I've been trying to figure out how best to transition into training for my next 2 events....the Geist Half Marathon on May 21st and another Triathlon at Eagle Creek on June 18th.  This will be an open water swim in Eagle Creek Reservoir...hmmmm all those little fishies around me (not super excited bout them....but you do what ya got to do).

I wasn't sure if I should take a rest day after the tri on Sunday, but I felt good Monday morning....so I didn't.  I ran 6 miles....1 mi warmup, 2 mi at 8:00 pace, 2 mi at 7:34 pace and 1 mile cool down. 

Today I did 17.5 miles on road bike.  Tomorrow...5K run and 1200 m swim...or atleast thats the plan.

Starting out in tris has introduced me to a vast world of new workout gadgets...tri-shorts, wet suits, lock-laces you name it....one of my newest faves are the lock laces.  Basically, I never have to tie my shoes again.  You put them on like normal laces and bring them to the right fit and lock em in...they are made of elastic so you can slide your shoes off and on and they fit perfect....the perfect transition time saver in triathlons.


No comments:

Post a Comment