Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm back!.....at the Gym!

Today started out as such a good day!  I forgot how much I like going to the gym.  I've been working out at home everyday for the last month...running on my treadmill and doing bodyrock workouts.

Last night I vowed to make it to the gym this morning because 1) I missed having other people to keep me entertained 2) I missed the variety of machines, free weights and cardio options to add to my runs and 3) just because.   I should have gone to bed earlier..I am such a night owl...I didn't go to sleep til 1 am...yes thats 1 am and my alarm went off at 5:45!! What the heck is wrong with me? 

So here is the lo-down on today's workout:

5K on treadmill - 24 minutes
5 miles on bike
Bodyrock workout - 300 Rep Workout
  • 1) Side Lunge Knee Tuck (left leg)30 reps
  • 2) Side Lunge Knee Tuck (right leg)30 reps
  • 3) Plank Jump Push Up & Roll Over30 reps
  • 4) Side Crunch 15 reps on each side
  • 5) Sandbag Swing 15 reps on each arm
  • 6) Pull Ups 30 reps
  • 7) 1-2-3 Up One Leg Half Squat15 reps on each leg
  • 8) Hanging Knee Raises30 reps
  • 9) 3 low jacks & Jump Up30 reps
  • 10) Tripple Knee Tuck & Side Step Push Up30 reps
What was nice about being at the gym doing the last segment of the workout is I had a pull up bar and that gadget that lets me do Hanging Knee Raises.  I've been using the arms on my treadmill to do the hanging knee raises and I'm just waiting for the arms to fall off it from holding my full body weight. 

I don't plan on posting full workouts every day but it does help keep me accountable when I know I have to post it....for all you all to see.   And since I think almost every post should have a picture...I'm gonna post a random one here...this is me with my baby boy...doing what I'm gonna try to do early tonight (like midnight at the latest).                    
look at those chubby cheeks!!! (his not mine :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment